Monday, January 25, 2010

Quench Metalworks



Working in the garment industry, I have spent some time with buttons. It is always interesting to me when people find other uses for basic everyday items. I have seen buttons used in many different ways and have seen jewelry made with buttons. This ring by Quench Metalworks is my favorite piece of button jewelry. By bringing together a vintage black and white striped button and vintage green glass button, Quench Metalworks has designed this "zany, bold and unique" ring. I love the contrast between the black and white stripes and bright green floral pattern and the fact that you can't tell that they are buttons. Just imagine the surprise when someone compliments you on your ring and you tell them it's made with buttons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment